Before I handed in my food traditions essay I reread all my drafts and I saw the huge change. I had a hard time with this assignment because I felt like it was all over the place and a lot of the thing I said in it were not relevant enough. When I usually write an essay I make an outline with what I am going to write in each paragraph. With this essay at first I didn’t quite do that because I though it should come from the heart and didn’t know what idea to put down. But after my 1st draft I sat down and made an outline of the strong ideas I though I put in the essay and elaborated on those instead of touching on a lot of little ideas. I do not know if I am satisfied with my final draft but I do know I put a lot of time and effort into giving it structure and making it flow and connect to my food tradition.
P.S. In my food traditions essay I wrote about my favorite dish empanadas de yucca which I love, this weekend I went home and my mother surprised me by making them for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment